Lights RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shotsune Akaryu

2 posters

Go down

Shotsune Akaryu Empty Shotsune Akaryu

Post  Akaryu Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 pm

S C H O L A R
Shotsune Akaryu 2i8yw5s

Name| Shotsune Akaryu
Height| 6'5"
Weight 200
Age| 18
Gender| Male

Powers and Abilities
Lets make a contract...

Race| Scholar
Abilities| Preferred Path| Path of the Hunter

Personality
What is life?...

Likes|
Power- "Power controls everything. And without it, you cannot save anything. Least of all yourself."
Chess- "Some people are born as pawns, but even a pawn can kill the King."
Debating- "Words possess the power to build empires, and to topple them.
Nature- "This world is beautiful. It must remain so, at any cost."
Dislikes|
Monsters- "Filthy creatures. They defile this land like a swarm of locusts, stripping it of all vitality."
Hunters- "Such crude instruments- like a hammer being used in lieu of a knife for surgery."
Losing- "Failure is a sign of weakness, and I cannot afford to be weak."
Ignorance- "A lack of common knowledge is inexcusable. It should be a sin punishable by death."
Goals|
Achieve Enlightenment- "Ignorance is not bliss. It is a false happiness that beguiles the fools. Knowledge brings inner peace, and such peace brings true happiness."
Become a Teacher- "Once I am through with all of this... I'd like to rest and pass on all of my knowledge to the future generations. It may yet save them."
Kill Every Monster- "Once this land is purged of that darkness, peace can come again. Not until then."
Become the Strongest Scholar- "If I hope to see my beloved continent free of this taint and war, I must have strength."
Clear His Conscience- "For my crimes, there is only one path for me. I must be absolved if I ever hope to die in peace."
Fears|
Failure- "The idea of never freeing this world from the Monsters... It haunts my dreams, and even my waking thoughts."
Becoming a Monster- "If ever I were to become one of those beasts... I should sooner kill myself than live like that."
Oblivion- "Is it not terrifying? To think not of death, nor of dying... But of the sheer nothingness beyond? A lone void, with a gaping maw and a great, terrible darkness that stretches on and devours you for all time..."
Personality|
Akaryu is, first and foremost, an intellectual. Of course, this is to be expected, given his profession and the way that he lives. While he appreciates intelligence in others, he detests blatant ignorance. If one were to examine him upon first meeting him, his sheer genius might be the first thing they notice, or it might be the way he tends to subconsciously flaunt it. His vocabulary, his diction, his arrogant way of seeing almost everything beneath his notice- it has alienated quite a few of his fellow Scholars and Hunters, but he doesn't mind solitude so long as he can still learn. To Akaryu, the path to enlightenment lies in understanding, and he seeks to understand as much as he can before he passes on. True, he knows he has quite a lot of time to use up before then, but he acts as if his life were drastically shorter and like death was standing at the foot of his bed when he woke up. He is a proud man, but he does have his moments of clarity in which he gives the respect earned by those who worked to attain their strength.

Polite to a tee, Akaryu is just as likely to bow his head and pay proper tribute all while scheming away. He is courteous for the most part, but it is a sort of icy respect given the way he treats people around him. His dislike for certain individuals can be sensed immediately from the way he talks and carries himself around those people, but as always, he keeps a level head and his cool, biting persona. He learned his manners properly and expects them from others, even if they mutually don't like each other. To show disrespect is a sign to him that one is undisciplined and foolish, and foolishness can only be punished. He enjoys ceremony, as well; the grandeur and scale of some displays are like attending a play, and one that he gets to participate in. Tea ceremonies, rare as they are, are a sure-fire way to gain his attention and his presence. Given that he is polite, one might expect Akaryu to have some sense of honor- he does not. He will do whatever it takes to win, and everything else is just a means of attaining the outcome he desires.

Aloof and cold, he never bothers with emotional or sensory input when he can rely on hard logic and reasoning. While he does have a deep-seated temper, it is very hard to "push his buttons"- though it's even harder to cease his anger when sufficiently provoked. The reason for this detached persona is his vast intellect; after studying his own emotional reactions and the reactions of others, he has become very skilled in masking what emotions he does feel and completely overruling other, simpler ones. Akaryu never laughs, he never smiles, and he absolutely does not joke. He is exceedingly proficient at working out the emotional state of others from tiny signs like body language and word usage, but he tends to keep this skill a secret. Because of his detachment, he is almost always capable of seeing an argument from every side, judging the merits of each and going with the option most beneficial; and because he is hard to distract with taunts or bodily sensations, he can work out enormous queries in the span of just a few seconds, sometimes even a single moment, in the cases of extreme focus and clarity.

History
Long ago, in a distant land...

Family|
Shotsune Jin (father, 54, deceased)
Shotsune Mei (Mother, 48, widowed)
Shotsune Hachi (brother, 20, presumed dead)

History|

~Man versus Nature~

Born into the lowest scale of the middle class, Akaryu's family was neither rich nor poor. However, they were expected to live up to the demands of their station while having the resources of the destitute. His father, Jin, was a doctor, an excellent one in fact, but because of his non-existent reputation and his inability to afford the move to a more populated area to gain more income, they had only the money that the local farmers and peddlers could give them for remedies. His mother, Mei, was the daughter of a wealthy bureaucrat, who fell deeply in love with Jin after he had found her lying in the woods half-dead, having been kicked off her horse and lying in the cold rain for three days. He brought her back to health, and the two were married just a year after, her dowry being just enough to buy a proper home in the district. The two had their first son, Hachi, four months after being married; the "scandalous" event was kept quiet, but the boy lived with being a bastard child throughout his life. Akaryu was their next son, two years after Hachi's birth. He was named "Red Dragon" for the emblem raised in the village that day, when a passing caravan with that very insignia brought more wealth into the area and so caused the prosperous growth of the tiny district. Akaryu came to be known as the child of fortune, while Hachi remained the bastard.

~Man versus Man~

The two young boys never got along. Hachi was jealous of his younger brother's talent and the attention he gained. Akaryu viewed his elder brother as a bully with no cause. They fought constantly- with words, with fists, and in extreme cases, with kitchen knives or their father's equipment. Eventually, the two became so virulently opposed to one another that one of their fights came to a near-fatal end. At the age of twelve, Akaryu was almost killed his older brother after a loud argument over who was to court a local, beautiful girl. The immense outpouring of anger and blame against Hachi resulted in his family disowning and banishing him from their home. Under the influence of his rage, he left for the north of the continent and wasn't seen or heard from for two and a half years. When he returned, against his family's and the village's orders, he slaughtered several of the other young men and women and unleashed his monstrous, reptilian form upon Akaryu. However, the younger sibling was able to evade the dark powers of his older brother long enough to distract and impale him with a dagger through his eye. Hachi, mortally wounded and beginning to lose control over his new form, fled the district and vanished from the face of the earth.

~Man versus Self~

Akaryu, struggling to understand what had caused his brother to take such a shape and the reason behind it, left his village behind to scour the continent and obtain the same strength as his sibling. Within three years, he has become a fairly competent Scholar under the tutelage in the Academy along with the Hunters, whom he disapproves of because of their wildly unpredictable use of force in situations requiring subtlety. His family believes his brother to be dead, but Akaryu does not think the same. He is convinced his brother is still alive and practicing his evil sorcery. He intends to find out how he attained such power, and who gave it to him. When he does find the answers he needs, he'll destroy his older brother and restore his family's honor, and finally be able to clear his conscience of the countless deaths that came from Hachi's rampage, for which he still blames himself to this very day.

Last edited by Akaryu on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Akaryu
Akaryu

Back to top Go down

Shotsune Akaryu Empty Re: Shotsune Akaryu

Post  Rayina Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:34 pm

RAYINA'S SEXY REVIEW

Powers and abilites:

First problem I noticed right away is you don't have your scholar little thing there.

Code:

[color=green]Prefered Path[/color]| Choose one of the four paths to be your "main" one, or the one your character excels the most in. You will automatically be given the first of all the paths, but what additional spells you get will be determined by the quality of your app and what path you choose as your main.

If you could add this in it'd be much appreciated.

Personality:

Likes- Those looks good to go. ^^

Dislikes- Interesting that he dislikes hunters to such a degree. ^^ Although do you think that may be a bit conflicting with your path you chose?

Goals- Generic goals but good enough. =D

Fears- Interesting, never thought anyone would put oblivion on as a fear, he must be a deep thinker. These are also checkmarked.

Personality: Woo! an intelligent hardass who is men to everyone! Screw your magic I have logic. But interesting to see such a depth within a character. I have to say I do like this part rather much. You seem to give him life where manners are top notch and anything below is rude and child like. Good personality. Checkmarked.

History:

Family- A-okay~

History:
First section seems interesting. I have the feeling the bastard son is going to do something epic. >=o Or try and like kill you or something! =D Anyways, this part is interesting. Good read.

Second section: Whoa... Was not expecting that. Freaking creepy monster thingy. D:

Third section: D'aww :c He shouldn't blame himself for his brother being a douche! But good none the less. I like it a lot.

Regardless looks good. =D

Over all statement
Woot you made your app! =]
Please do these simple little things and then we'll see you on your way!
Rayina
Rayina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayina Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Rayina's judgment.

Looks good! =]
Rayina
Rayina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayina Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:56 am

ACCEPTED

Scholar spells por tu~

Human Path: General Spells, Setup Spells
- 1st: Push. This spells generates a concussive force that is shot outwards, producing a pushing effect, moving everything in its way.

Scholar Path: Sealing Spells
- 1st: Paralysis. This spell causes momentary loss of movement, the extent and duration of which is determined by your power. The stronger you are, the longer it will last, and the more powerful the paralysis. If you go up against a stronger opponent, naturally, they won't be effected as much.

Hunter Path: Assault Spells
- 1st: Pistol Shot. The caster mimics a gun with their fingers, much like how kids do when they play, and fire. Their soul residue expended from this technique acts as a bullet.
- 2nd: Spike. This spell forms a large javelin out of an object the caster possesses. The object is transmuted into the weapon, rather than giving the object the traits of a javelin. The weapon isn't very durable, with its use primarily as a ranged impaler.

Monster Path: Demonifying Spells, Finishers
- 1st: Teeth. This spell lengthens and sharpens the caster's teeth, making them more akin to fangs. This greatly increases the caster's biting power, but due to the fact that biting isn't a main form of attack, its position of 1st of the path is well acquired.
Rayina
Rayina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down